Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Coffee Shop Surprise



What would your reaction be to a customer standing at your store looking at the menu but not making a move to order? In a coffeeshop, that is. That customer would be me, yes indecisive my other name. I was half expecting to be ignored or clucked at irritably. None of that though. I eventually voiced my inability to decide between that or laksa and I was met with an understanding smile in return. What a surprise. :)
Wasn't up to taking coconut milk today so I made a quick decision to order a meepok dry. It's been awhile since I had pork and was braving myself for that porky smell but there was none of that. :)
A simple affair at lunch with juicy minced pork bits, a few slices of fishcake with two soft and chewy fishballs on the side in soup. At $2.50, this was value indeed.


Parents are out of town which means my servings of fresh fruits have come to an abrupt stop. To make up for that, my Zespri happy pack came by the courier last evening. The fuzzy kiwi thumbdrive is just the cutest! :))) And there's even a 4-pack of kiwi fruit. The green variety though. Leaving that for my brother and since I was out on a course, I went shopping one lunch for these packs of fast fruits to the rescue. :)
Berry blend was a welcome change from the usual cranberry packs I pick up at the supermarket. A marked difference in costs, but a whole lot more variety in taste. <3

Lian Wah Kopitiam

Blk 133 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3

No comments: