Monday, November 05, 2012

Carpenter and Cook @ Lorong Kilat

Hunger. Thirst.


A vintage artisan bakery shop.
That smells and feels just like home.
It had a feeling of pure goodness and honest treats. :)


You pick two and I'll choose one.
He says to the horridly indecisive me.
This was simple though.
I didn't fancy citrus.
But of course I could be kicking myself for it right now.
Everyone raves about their lemon drizzle cakes and lemon tarts.
No love lost.
Just another return trip on the cards. :)


Latte.
With a heart that's meant to be broken.
A chocolate chip cookie that was crumbly with grit and tasting like Famous Amos.


Where's your mocha art?
There!
A flower.
Tulip on abstract art? :)


Raspberry topped berrylicious bunt cake.
Soft and delightfully spongy topped with tart berry perserves.
A tad too sweet for me though.


Scones.
Everytime I see it,
I think of those rock buns I used to make at Home Economics classes.
But this buttery crumble speckled with raisins was yum!
Clotted cream and berry preserve.
Phoebe tells us that the preserves change depending what fruits are available.
Whatever the chef decides to churn out from the kitchen :)
And they also sell their preserves if you fall in love with them.
Just if. :)
That day they had orange marmalade, fig and pear, mango and passionfruit.
Oh all these flavours just sound amazing.


Apple cobbler.


Speckles of cinnamon.
Apple.
Crumbled.

Getting there?

19 Lorong Kilat #01-06 Singapore 598120
Call them at: 6463 3648
Click on the link for location map and other details
http://www.carpenterandcook.com/touch.html

No comments: