Wednesday, August 24, 2011

what was i thinking?

A blogging trip to Langkawi. Rrrright... So I've been wondering why I made the decision to take part and go about asking for daily votes. Instead of feeling like a charity case though, I've had an epiphany. Or epiphanies rather. They come in the form of encouragements blasting through the straitlaced collar I've been imaginarily holding around my neck like a brilliant breath of fresh air.

It's brilliant. The way I seem to have thrown off all inhibitions to chase my some sort of a dream. Just as my brother has put in time and effort into his food blog which I have failed in my own attempts, I think I could do this travel blogging thing. Why not? Maybe because I never document much of the trips we've taken till date. I could write a Bangkok and Beyond guidebook but no, I haven't done anything to contribute towards it.

Taking stock of my life has been on the backburner for the longest time now. Almost reaching the 3rd decade of life, what have I got to show for it. A less than stellar academic record. A random degree of involvement in the community. Bringing in and folding the laundry as my contribution to the household chores. Oh and could I forget, a whole month home nursing a fractured jaw. No, we should not go back there at all.

There's got to be more to life than all that.

And that's what I'm working towards right now. So from deep down in my heart, thank you. Each and every single one of you. For all the support. :)

No comments: