Friday, December 30, 2011

did u get it right?



Where else for dining at a very lovely marina?
Prive at keppel bay :)


And what could top being serenaded by a monkey dressed as a gondolier. "O sole mio"




Napolitanian lyrics
Che bella cosa e' na giornata 'e sole
n'aria serena dopo na tempesta!
Pe' ll'aria fresca pare già na festa
Che bella cosa e' na giornata 'e sole.
Ma n'atu sole,
cchiù bello, oje ne'
'O sole mio
sta 'nfronte a te!
'O sole, 'o sole mio,
sta 'nfronte a te!
sta 'nfronte a te!
Quanno fa notte e 'o sole se ne scenne,
me vene quase 'na malincunia;
sotto 'a fenesta toia restarria
quanno fa notte e 'o sole se ne scenne.
Ma n'atu sole,
cchiù bello, oje ne'
'O sole mio
sta 'nfronte a te!
'O sole, 'o sole mio
sta 'nfronte a te!
sta 'nfronte a te!

English translation
What a beautiful thing is a sunny day!
The air is serene after a storm,
The air is so fresh that it already feels like a celebration.
What a beautiful thing is a sunny day!
But another sun,
that's brighter still,
It's my own sun
that's upon your face!
The sun, my own sun,
It's upon your face!
It's upon your face!
When night comes and the sun has gone down,
I almost start feeling melancholy;
I'd stay below your window
When night comes and the sun has gone down.
But another sun,
that's brighter still,
It's my own sun
that's upon your face!
The sun, my own sun,
It's upon your face!
It's upon your face!

Oh it sang alright! Complete with lip movements and head adjustments. Till it fell over and spilt my glass of cold water. It was a sight! And just too funny even the other table was amused. :)


A malted malteasers milkshake that was a disappointment. It came warm. And no we didn't send it back.
The wait staff who seated us looked terribly harrassed and tired from what we couldn't comprehend. There were customers but it wasn't packed full so what was the fuss?


A very small portion of the king salmon order. 200 grammes. For $28 this was pricey and I really wished I chose from the breakfast menu instead.


The meat was watery. That couldn't mean fresh and I certainly hope it didn't mean it was thawed from a frozen fillet.
What I don't know for sure can't affect me.
We made a lot of compromise on our food expectations and were only satisfied for our long cab ride from home to the marina for its view and lovely sunny weather that lasted till we finished our mains. :)


With my favourite projectmate from university days till now. Christmas and birthday presents yay! :)


We moved into the air conditioned area due to the rain and she excused herself to order cake! So much for getting directions to the washroom. You lie! :p



And made me a very happy girl indeed. This mocha chocolate cupcake was a dear with the mocca cream in a small plastic tube that you could squeeze ontop in artistic fashion before digging in. :)

I love the place. I just wish the food could've been a better complement.

Till the next time. :)

No comments: