Friday, July 17, 2015
The 5Cs are too passé. These 3Cs are the ones in demand these days. Corn carrot chicken soup!
1 packet of 500g Australian carrots, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
2 corn cobs, chopped into 3 sections
3 large yellow onions, chopped
3 China potatoes, peeled and diced
1 chicken, chopped into parts e.g. wings, drumsticks, thighs, ribs, breast
1.5 teaspoons of salt (flat not heaped)
3 litres of water
24cm WMF Saphir High top Casserole Pot
1. Blanch chicken parts in water to remove congealed blood and any bone dust or fragments in meat from the chopping process.
*I chopped all parts at the joint in order not to have excess blood from broken bone parts so it would be fine to skip the blanching step if this is done.
2. Fill the pot with 2 litres of water and place all ingredients inside before bringing to a boil.
3. Add the remaining water and bring it to a fierce boil before lowering the flame and letting it simmer.
4. Add 1.5 teaspoons of salt or to taste and leave to simmer for 20 minutes before turning off the flame.
5. Bring to a boil just before serving with a dash of pepper and a few sprigs of parsley (optional).
Enjoy the natural sweetness of the soup.
From our kitchen to yours,
Brenda x :)