Friday, February 28, 2014

me want cookie! raisin & oatmeal or chocolate chip? omnomnom.


When I repeat a recipe,
I know that its for keeps. :)
And sometimes, it's because it's a simple one too!


Cream the butter and sugar.
We use homemade vanilla essence.
And the aroma is irresistable!


Go crazy with Hershey's chocolate chips.


Or my preferred option of raisin and rolled oats.
It almost makes it a healthy balanced diet. :)




Original recipe:

540 g butter
350 g castor sugar
240 g raisins
225 g oat flakes
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
595 g bread flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Lightly mix butter and sugar.
Add raisins, oat flakes and vanilla essence.
Stir in flour and baking soda.
Shape into cookies. :)

Definitely cut down on the sugar.
I usually go for about 300g. Sometimes, 280g.

**Being the rogue baker I am, I don't follow the recipe at all. 
Thrice I've made this and never once the same.
I've tried equal parts of bread and cake flour.
I've tried less butter.
And I've tried less sugar.
Baking is a science. You've gotta run the experiments till you get the results you want!

Happy baking! 

No comments: