Comfort food looks like a dish of pork, potatoes and baked beans :)
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 small China potatoes, diced and parboiled
1 can baked beans
300g hind/ loin meat, sliced
a quarter tsp salt
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp light soya sauce for marinate, 1 tsp for sauce
1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
half a teaspoon of pepper
2 tbsp of cooking oil, 0.5 tbsp of sesame oil
1. Slice the pork and marinate with 1 tsp light soya sauce, Shaoxing rice wine, pepper and sesame oil.
2. Dice the potatoes and parboil for 5 minutes on high heat. Drain water and set aside.
3. Use 2 tbsp of cooking oil and a dash of sesame oil to fry minced garlic till fragrant.
4. Add in parboiled potatoes to pan fry with the garlic.
5. Then add in the sliced onion and marinated pork to fry till the onion turns translucent.
6. Add in the can of baked beans and 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup. (Add in a pinch of sugar if the tomato ketchup/ brand of baked beans is a tad too sour), add in 1 tsp of light soya sauce and bring to a boil.