Sunday, December 07, 2014

Almost like Disneyland

My love affair with the nondescript churro happened in Disneyland. The happiest place on Earth made perfect with a piping hot churro in the cold breeze of winter, all too long and much too quickly finished in the hands of an 8 year old and her cousins. Now that, to me, was love. :)

I've given up on the search for a churro that could come close to that experience. Especially after the initial excitement at seeing it in Universal Studios Singapore, it was found to be nothing more than a terribly tough to chew dough stick served lukewarm at best. :(

Well then, with hardly a mission in mind but always the best recommendations from my cousin, we headed from Chocolateria San Churro at Harbourside, Darling Harbour on our walk home from dinner. He didn't mention Disneyland, he just thought I should be trying these out.

They certainly don't come cheap as food often does in Sydney.

 

But when these arrived at our table...

My heart skipped a beat. 

And I restrained myself for just one photo before I just. HAD. TO. EAT. summadat! 

Mmmm.

Was it the chocolate though?
*one more bite

Nope. 

This was it. 
Almost like Disneyland.

Churro sticks that were thinner, not as long but definitely hitting all the right spots on the taste index. 

Three each and two pots of milk chocolate. 
Devoured all too quickly. And enjoyed all too much. 
They've got outlets around Sydney but this was the one closest to home. 

And even better? 

They've got a Santa Fest special offer now on till Christmas Eve!
Ho! Ho! Ho! Indeed.
Eat up and enjoy! For me :)

No comments: